- The beliefs and teachings of the Southwest church of Christ are based on the Bible. The Bible is the sole authority for our faith and practice.
- We believe the Bible is the inspired Word of God – a lamp to our feet and a light to our path (2 Timothy 3:16; Psalm 119:10).
- We believe Jesus Christ is the one and only sacrifice for our sins and He rose from the dead (1 Corinthians 15:1-8; John 3:16).
- We believe forgiveness of sins and the promise of eternal life are available to those who trust Christ as Saviour and Lord (John 3:16).
- We believe those willing to obey Christ should repent of their sin, confess their faith and be baptised by immersion into Him for forgiveness of sins (Romans 10:9; Acts 2:38). These acts declare our recognition and acceptance that our salvation is made possible through the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus.
- We believe the church is the Body of Christ on earth, is empowered by the Holy Spirit and exists to save the lost and edify the saved (Ephesians 4:1-16).
- We believe in the Scriptural teaching and observance of the Lord’s Supper each Sunday.
- We believe Jesus Christ will one day return to take God’s children to be with him forever (1 Thessalonians 4:13-18).
- If you would like to discuss why we believe what we believe, please contact us by email or phone 4627 1011 we will be happy to study the bible with you.