Statement of Faith
- The beliefs and teachings of the Southwest church of Christ are based on the Bible. The Bible is the sole authority for our faith and practice.
- We believe the Bible is the inspired Word of God – a lamp to our feet and a light to our path (2 Timothy 3:16; Psalm 119:10).
- We believe Jesus Christ is the one and only sacrifice for our sins and He rose from the dead (1 Corinthians 15:1-8; John 3:16).
- We believe forgiveness of sins and the promise of eternal life are available to those who trust Christ as Saviour and Lord (John 3:16).
- We believe those willing to obey Christ should repent of their sin, confess their faith and be baptised by immersion into Him for forgiveness of sins (Romans 10:9; Acts 2:38). These acts declare our recognition and acceptance that our salvation is made possible through the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus.
- We believe the church is the Body of Christ on earth, is empowered by the Holy Spirit and exists to save the lost and edify the saved (Ephesians 4:1-16).
- We believe in the Scriptural teaching and observance of the Lord’s Supper each Sunday.
- We believe Jesus Christ will one day return to take God’s children to be with him forever (1 Thessalonians 4:13-18).
- If you would like to discuss why we believe what we believe, please contact us by email or phone 0459 749 776 we will be happy to study the bible with you.